Cereal Box Christmas Earrings
These Christmas earrings are tons of fun to make and only add up to a few cents per pair in cost. They make great gifts and everyone will be amazed that they are made from recycled cereal boxes. They are also very light weight so you can even make them slightly bigger if you'd like. I used clear double-sided stickers to get the shapes, but you could easily skip that step if you don't have those stickers on hand by either using a shape-punch or tracing out and cutting your own shapes.
- Cereal Box
- Acrylic Paint
- Glossy Accents
- Clear Double-sided sticker (tree-shaped)
- Jump rings
- Earring wires
- Small hole punch
- Bent Nose pliers
- Flat nose pliers
- Cut out a piece of the cereal box and paint both sides the desired background color.
- Once dry, place the double-sided sticker onto the cardboard, leaving the backing on.
- Cut out the shape following the edges of the sticker.
- Place rhinestones where desired.
- Sprinkle with glitter, preferably in a color that matches the paint.
- Coat each side with gloss and let dry.
- Attach to earring wires with jump rings.
You can get different effects using different colors of paint and glitter. You can even use micro beads for some added embellishment. Have fun!